A studio monitor is no ordinary loudspeaker. Unlike a conventional speaker, a true monitor must be unerringly accurate, with a flat frequency response and vanishingly low distortion. It has to tell you, the music producer- dependably and unquestionably-exactly what is or is not in your recording. In a studio-grade monitor speaker, there is no place for the usual list of speaker colorations and limitations prevalent in conventional loudspeakers. Response peaks/dips, uneven polar response, high THD, nasal midrange, bloated mid-bass, and crossover-induced phase incoherence do nothing but undermine the confidence demanded for superior mix performance. That's where the BX5-D3 Studio Monitor comes in!
A monitor's drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, BX5-D3's 5-inch military-grade Kevlar woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted "cone breakup." BX5- D3's treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
At M-Audio, they understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the BX5- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX5-D3's special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX5-D3's sound output in line with your studio space. Whatever your needs, the BX5-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts (60 LF, 40 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 5" Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1" natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Front panel LED shines brightly when speaker is positioned at ideal monitor angle
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- Low Frequency Driver: 5 inch (127mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- High Frequency Driver: 1 inch (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz - 35 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Low Frequency Amplifier Power: 60W
- High Frequency Amplifier Power: 40W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110 dB SPL - Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured
- Input Sensitivity: -10dBU
- Input Connections: 1x XLR balanced input connector 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Input Impedance: 10k balanced, 20k unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power: Voltage: 100-120V, 50/60 Hz / 220-240V, 50/60 Hz Consumption: 100W
- Fuse: 220-240V T1AL 250V / 100-120V T1.6AL 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 6.9" x 7.8" x 10"
- Weight: 12.3 lbs