Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM EST
The PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone is a special type of microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools. It employs a 1/4", pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule with an omnidirectional polar pattern, which allows the microphone to measure reflections, as well as direct signals up to 132dB SPL. The PRM1 has an all-metal chassis and comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case.
What makes the PRM1 different from most mics?
Unlike mics you use for recording and live sound, the PRM1 has a narrow dynamic range, since it is intended to receive test frequencies, such as pink noise, at a fixed level. As a result, it is not recommended for recording or performance-but it's the right mic for tuning a sound system to perform accurately in a venue. The PRM1 exhibits linear ("flat") frequency response between 20Hz and 20kHz, meaning it captures all frequencies equally within that range. Since it neither boosts nor cuts frequencies, it doesn't color the sound, making it ideal for measuring what a room or speaker is doing to a sound system's outgoing signal.
Designed for use with Smaart and other audio analysis tools
While the PRM1 can be used for a variety of measurement applications, such as MLSSA, Spectrafoo, and TEF, it is especially recommended for use with the Smaart System Check wizards that are integrated into PreSonus UC Surface control software for StudioLive AI and StudioLive RM mixers. With this combination, you can have a complete, powerful, and affordable, audio-analysis and correction system.
- 1/4", pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule
- Linear frequency response between 20Hz and 20kHz
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Low noise, low distortion
- All-metal chassis
- High-quality components and rugged construction
- Suitable for system analysis and measurement
- Especially recommended for use with PreSonus StudioLive mixers and VSL with Smaart Measurement Technology
- Type: Black electret condenser
- Element: Pressure, FET preamplifier
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity (@ 1kHz open-circuit voltage): -37dB/Pa (14mV/Pa) 1Pa = 94dB SPL
- Rated Impedance: 200
- Minimum Load Impedance: 1,000
- EIN (A-weighted): 26dB
- Max. SPL (1k load): 132dB SPL (THD =1%, 1kHz)
- Dynamic Range (1 k load): 106dB
- S/N Ratio: 70dB
- Polarity: Pin 2 output positive voltage (relative to Pin 3) when diaphragm receives positive pressure (moves inward)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR Male
- Phantom Power: 9 - 52V
- Current Consumption: 2mA
- Dimensions (LxW): 7.56" x 0.83"
- Weight: 5.3oz
- Finish: Metal, matte black
- Environmental Conditions: 50F - 122F, humidity 0 - 95%
- Mic clip
- Foam windscreen
- Hard case