Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM EST
Small Diaphragm Instrument Microphone
The MXL V67N is a robust condenser microphone that provides just the right amount of power, presence and clarity. Hand-selected components and transformer-balanced output deliver a solid bottom end and exposed top, making it perfect for drums, piano, guitar, choirs, and many other applications. Plus the V67N is internally wired with world-class Mogami cable for sonic integrity in every session.
This microphone includes two interchangeable capsules with gold-sputtered diaphragms. One capsule is designed for a cardioid pick-up pattern; the other capsule is designed for an omni-directional pickup pattern. Condenser microphones are very sensitive, readily revealing very subtle sonic details. They also tend to pick up sounds outside the pattern more than some designs, which can lead to powerful feedback if you are not careful. MXL strongly advises experimentation with placement and isolation requirements with the gain initially set low to avoid equipment (and ear) damage.
MXL is a leading manufacturer of high performance audio products for professionals and recording enthusiasts around the world. MXL’s award-winning solutions continue to astound today’s top artists, engineers, professional producers, and businesses that require sonic perfection on stage, in the studio, and in the conference room.
- Pencil microphone that gives instruments a balanced sound
- Ideal for bright instruments, such as acoustic guitars and violins
- Two interchangeable capsules for all kinds of recordings
- Transparent sound with a crystal clear tone
- Flat response that leaves recordings pure and natural
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser mic
- Diaphragm: 6 micron gold-sputtered
- Capsule Size: 22mm/.87 in.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid/Omni
- Sensitivity: -49 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Output: Transformer-balanced
- Equivalent noise: -16 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
- S/N Ratio: 78 dB
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 148 dB SPL
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Current Consumption: 5.2mA
- Size: 124mm x 23mm/4.88 in. x .91 in.
- Weight: 0.2 lbs/90.72g
- Metal Finish: Green with gold grill