Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM EST
The now legendary Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone,the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering the pure studio sound you've grown to love, housed in a worry-free durable casing, you can now focus on your vocals and not on the performance of your microphone.
The tailored frequency response of the SM86 reproduces vocals with clarity. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise.
SM86-LC Cable not included
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 50 to 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -50 dBV/Pa (3.15 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance: 150 Ohms at 1 kHz
- Recommended minimum load impedance: 600 Ohms
- Output Clipping Level: 1000 Ohm Load at 1,000 Hz: +3 dBV (1.41 V)
- Maximum SPL (at 1,000 Hz): 1000 ohm load (1% THD): 147 dB
- Self-Noise:23 dB typical, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (1000 ohms): 124 dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 71 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)*
- *S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector.
- Power Requirements: 11 to 52 Vdc, 5.2 mA
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast with a stainless steel grille
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Net Weight : 284 grams (10 oz)
- Dimensions: 183 mm (6-3/16 in.) L x 49 mm (1-1/4 in.) W at the widest point