MXL R144 HE Heritage Edition Ribbon Microphone
MXL R144 HE
Ribbon Velocity Microphone
Incorporating a Figure-8 polar pattern and a 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon, the MXL R144 HE offers breathtaking sound for vocal and instrument recordings and is an excellent microphone for broadcast applications. The R144 also performs brilliantly on acoustic instruments, strings, and horns and offers high SPL capability, outstanding side rejection and precise directivity.
Ribbon microphones are known for their rich, warm sound and have been used to capture some of the most legendary recordings in history. The R144 ribbon microphone delivers a creamy smooth sound with incredibly natural characteristics. The R144 microphone has a figure-8 polar pattern which is perfect for recording guitars, vocals, brass, and any source material that benefits from the warm, silky characteristics of a ribbon mic. The R144 includes a black shock-mount, carrying case, and cleaning cloth. After you experience the R144 for the first time, it will expand your sonic palate and be a valuable addition to your microphone collection.
- Type: Ribbon Velocity Microphone
- Ribbon Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Ribbon Length: 47mm
- Frequency Range: 20Hz -17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Sensitivity: -56 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms
- Max SPL for 0.1% THD: >130 dB @1 kHz
- Size: 47mm x 171mm/1.85 in. x 6.75 in.
- Weight: 400g/0.85 lbs
- Metal Finish: Silver Frost body and Chrome Grill
- Perfect for a musician who needs a workhorse ribbon mic
- Mellow sound with a rich midrange and rolled-off top end
- Figure-8 polar pattern that captures instruments and room sound
- High SPL capability—ideal for horns and electric guitars
- Compact design that makes mic placement easy