LCT 840 Reference Class Tube Microphone
- Premium externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone with superior dynamic range and low self-noise
- Ultra-thin 1-inch externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- 5 directional characteristics for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 3-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
Lewitt's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule, the LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound. Perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose microphone allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage. Five switchable polar patterns - omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid - make the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound. Like all Lewitt mics, the LCT 840 stands out for its extremely low self-noise of 9 dB and effective rejection of off-axis sounds. The microphone features three levels of attenuation and three switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the power supply unit. Apart from user-friendly operating controls and advanced technological features so essential to memorable recordings, the LCT 840 also makes an eye-catching design statement: the microphone is equipped with a Plexiglas inspection window on the front side of the body, so the illuminated tube itself is fully exposed. The inside window surface is coated with a highly conductive, yet transparent film preventing electromagnetic interference. Based in Vienna, Lewitt stands for high-performance microphones designed to deliver unaltered, authentic sound for memorable recordings. Their exclusive use of high-quality components and advanced technological features ensures that Lewitt mics capture every sonic detail.