Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM EST
Designed to work seamlessly with the PreSonus StudioLive Series III family of mixers, yet compatible with other AVB-enabled systems, the PreSonus EarMix 16M personal monitor mixer provides a high-quality, expandable, networked monitoring solution for stage, installed sound systems, and studio recording. We gave EarMix 16M fully professional sound quality, build quality, and features, including a high-performance headphone amplifier, to ensure you have the monitoring you need for any situation. Each EarMix 16M accepts 16 mono channels of input via AVB networking and you can network multiple units with a StudioLive Series III mixer.
High-quality monitoring is crucial for artists to deliver their best performance, so we've given the EarMix 16M a loud, clear headphone amplifier that can drive low-impedance devices such as professional-caliber in-ear-monitors. We started with a top of the line digital-to-analog converter for the best dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. We took special care in the amplifier design to deliver excellent sound with a wide range of in-ear monitors and headphones with different impedances. Controls and inputs can be customized on each unit to allow each musician to create a mix that works best for them. Once you've perfected a set of monitor mixes, save the whole scene to internal memory; you can store and recall up to 16 mix scenes locally.
Audio networking is much more than just a way to connect a digital snake. With an AVB network, you can connect digital audio devices over long distances using CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable and route your audio anywhere on the network with extremely low latency. AVB offers several unique benefits that make it a better choice for audio than other networking protocols. For example, AVB provides a high-precision clock that significantly reduces harmonic distortion and phasing, ensuring your audio stays clear and clean. AVB ensures you always have enough bandwidth to carry your low latency audio even when your intern starts streaming a movie. These important benefits are an inherent part of AVB; you don't need to do anything special to your devices or AVB switch. And you can only get them with AVB.
The EarMix 16M can be powered with its included external power supply but in many cases such as when it's difficult to provide power across multiple onstage locations it's better to use Power over Ethernet (PoE). PoE is a technology that enables network cables to carry electrical power to compatible devices. With PoE, a single cable delivers both network data, such as digital audio, and electrical power. You can locate a PoE-enabled device anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable because you don't need a local power source. Moreover, PreSonus' SW5E five-port AVB switch enables you to connect multiple EarMix 16Ms to the AVB network and provides PoE.
- 16x2 AVB-networked personal monitor mixer
- Loud, clear headphone amp that can drive low-impedance in-ear monitors
- 3-band EQ and limiter on all channels and main mix
- Stereo channel linking and channel grouping
- Support for PoE power
- 2 AVB Ethernet ports; network up to 24 units with a StudioLive Series III mixer
- 2 Balanced ¼-inch TRS line outputs
- 1/8-inch stereo aux input
- Store up to 16 mix scenes locally
- Signal present and clip LED for each input plus 8-segment stereo output meter
- 24 bit, up to 48 kHz operation
- Routing setup from StudioLive Series III consoles and UC Surface
- Mic stand mounting option (sold separately)
- Headphone Output
- Type: 1/4" TRS Female, active stereo
- Maximum Output: 150 mW/ch. @ 60Ω load
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (± 0.05 dB)
- THD+N: 0.01%, 1 kHz, max gain, 20 Hz BW, unwtd
- Type: 1/4" TRS Female, balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +18 dBu, ±0.5 dBu
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- DAC Dynamic Range: 115 dB (A-wtd, 48 kHz)
- AVB Audio Network Ports: RJ45
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- External Power Supply: 24 VDC
- PoE Power: 802.3at Type 1
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.8" x 9.4" x 7.6" (46 x 239 x 193 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 lbs (0.5 kg)